Thursday, December 02, 2004

I hate snow pants

I am now totally convinced that no teacher or parent was involved in the development of snow pants. Now don't get me wrong, snow pants are great. They are waterproof, (most of the time), warm and mostly indestructible. They are some tough pants. My main gripe with the snow pant developers is that they are not easy to put on...especially for a 5 year old kid.

Look at this girl here for example. I'll bet she gets pleasure out of watching teachers struggle to put her snow pants on every day.

I help kids get ready for recess every day. Just as when we were kids, they are not allowed to play with their buddies if they are not wearing the proper apparel. Kids don't have fun just watching their friends play, so their parents buy snow pants. Now, most companies should develop some snow pants that are much more functional. The straps that are on these things are just ridiculous. These are the kind of straps that are not connected to the clamps. Let me explain. The straps sort of weave into the clamps and I have never had a good idea of how to keep these from coming undone. I am nearing my 25th year on this planet and I still have no idea.

I have seen snow pants with full elastic straps. They are amazing! I love these snow pants. No clamps to weave through. No chance of the strap slipping out of the clamp. Virtually perfect.

My question is: Why can't all companies make snow pants like these? So simple. The answer is so simple. Columbia and Lands End and all the other snow pant producers need to hire some teachers and parents of young ones to produce the perfect snow pant. That is clearly the answer.

Now for a fantasy football update:

TJ and I have moved into the 5th place slot (out of 9 teams). We were in last place until about 4 weeks ago. We then began doing something we hadn't done in the past. Winning. And winning big. Love it.

So, we'll see how that goes. As for me, I'm out like a fat kid in dodgeball.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you love how the older you get, the wiser you get. Now you know what it was like putting those wonderful snowpants on you! So, do they have to come in & go potty 5 minutes later, too?
Mumsie